Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Have Lunch with God

Good Morning family. My friend and co-worker, Crystal, has the pen today. This entry is from an experience she had yesterday. Share your thoughts...

Hey Guys,

I thought I would take a minute to tell you about my Lunch break today.

This morning, I was stressing myself out about things that I don't have any control over. Worry became the center of my attention and I was becoming unproductive at work. I was actually starting to feel physically sick, growing weary, and was losing my faith by the minute!

I usually don't take a lunch break, but I knew today that I would not make it through the day if I did not get away from my desk. So I decided to go out for lunch.

I got in the car and called my fiance' to vent to him. He said all the right things and did not want to join my pity party. Second, I called my Mother. Again, she said all the right things and did not want to join my pity party. The devil was growing stronger and I just figured they didn't understand where I was coming from! But little did I know that God was using them as messengers to tell me that everything would be all right.

When I was left with no one but myself, God decided to have lunch with me! Boy, did I feel blessed! He spoke right to my heart and gave me a renewed sense of calm, understanding, and most important - a renewed faith! He also explained to me that what I was worrying about is actually a blessing and the devil was trying to steal it from me!

By the time I got back to work, I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off of my chest. And the Holy Spirit told me to share this with the people I care about.

~ Our God is an Awesome God and You can accomplish anything with Faith. ~

2 comments:

lrubin39 said...

Crystal,

Thanks for sharing such a personal experience. God is amazing. Just when it seems we are being dissed by our friends and loved ones, we find out that it was a set up--God was just trying to get us alone with Him. I guess maybe we should arrange more one-on-one time with God.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Thank God for those who choose not to join the pity party. They push us in the right direction when we would rather go the wrong direction. We have to recognize satan and deal with him. Until we do the load will remain. Seems like you had a nice lunch.